You might not know the name of Dubai’s iconic sailboat shaped hotel, but surely you’ve seen pictures of it. The Burj Al Arab is one of the city’s most famous landmarks next to Burj Khalifa because of its unique architecture, the fact that it’s built on an island and Burj Al Arab is known as the world’s only seven star hotel.
If you want to visit the Burj Al Arab, you can only do so if you’re either a hotel guest or you have reservations to one of its restaurants. So at the gate you have to show your confirmation before they’ll let you enter. If you can’t afford the $15,000-up/night luxury suite, try at least tea. haha. If you want to see what inside the 7 star hotel room check this rooms cost $24,000 a night (Approximately Php1.1M!) here’s why? click here and have a virtual tour inside the room.
The afternoon tea is seven courses and costs around 450 AED (~$122 USD) per person, which must be among the biggest and most expensive afternoon teas out there. The hotel is located on a man made island, and there’s no public access allowed. The hotel is isolated with its own impeccable view of Jumeirah.
Admittedly the lobby is really impressive.Check photos below ↓
Burj Al Arab afternoon tea bottom line:
Afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab was over the top, blingy, and it’s not cheap, it’s absolutely worth doing at least once if you can swing it. Obviously it’s crazy expensive, but I actually don’t think it’s a bad value when you think of how much you get for it, especially given that this is Dubai, and given that this is the world’s only (self proclaimed) seven star hotel.Obviously afternoon tea here is outrageously expensive, and it’s not something you have to experience multiple times. That being said, I think everyone that visits Dubai should make an effort to have afternoon tea here once, as it’s an unforgettable experience.
I just think experiences like this are best reserved as once-in-a-lifetime. I’d recommend it to anyone who is visiting Dubai and at all curious about the Burj Al Arab.
If you’re planning to go here’s some tips:
- Make reservations at least a month in advance so you get your pick of your date and time. Consider the late afternoon 4pm seating if you want to see the sunset. You can make reservations by emailing them.Check the website here for reservation.
- They don’t reserve window seats so get there early.
- You can’t enter the hotel more than 30 min prior to your reservation time but they will allowed you to stay as long as you want afterwards.
- Photos are allowed but videos are not.
- The dress code is smart casual. Wear something smart but it doesn’t have to be formal suits, but don’t turn up in shorts and fliflops – because you won’t get admitted. Gentlemen are required to wear a collared shirt, full-length trousers or elegant jeans and closed shoes (no trainers or sport shoes). Ladies are required to wear a suit or dress, long or short skirt or dressy slack and top. UAE national dress is welcomed.
For Other Dubai Tours & Tickets check here.